samedi 22 décembre 2012

First CTC solo...Complete! [ENG]

After a week or so stuck on the gound I managed today to do my first solo with CTC on the Cessna 172 ZK-JMG. 

Why it's been so long?

Well, to be able to fly solo in NZ when you are a foreigner you have basically to do an English proficiency test. The problem with this test is its cost. Actually the test cost 300$ for a twenty minutes phone call with a person from the NZCAA.

I was pretty lucky because the FCL1.028 I sit in France a year and a half ago gave me ICAO Level 4 which give you the right as a foreigner to fly solo here. The problem is, that before my first solo last week CTC found out that the documents I gave them were not the ones expected by the CAA, because they weren't translated into english. 

As a consequence I've been cancelled three times in a week, and I had to harass the French administration to get the right certificate. It was quiet hard because of the time difference between NZ and France, and also because CTC found out the problem during a weekend which forced me to wait 3 days to get the opportunity to speak with someone of the DGAC in France.

It was a hard week, with a little bit of stress, but as soon as I pushed forward the thrust lever and got airborne, everythings were already behind me and forgotten!

3 commentaires:

Thomas M a dit…

Nice job!

Ca risque de s'enchainer trés vite maintenant. Non ?

Bonnes fêtes de fin d'année.

Thomas M
Pilote-pro.com

Mathieu Vidal a dit…

Bonjour
Je debute ma formation cadet chez CTCWings en fevrier, CP105. Crois tu necessaire que je passe le FCL1.028 avant? Au final entre le cout du test, l'aller retours sur Paris et une nuit d'hotel ca va me couter bien plus que les 300$ en NZ. Je ne m'inquiete pas trop pour le test car je suis bilingue ayant grandi a l'etranger et etudie en Australie mais bon je me demande si ca ne serait pas plus safe de partir avec le test plutot que de le tenter la bas.

Erwan a dit…

@Thomas, Oui normalement c'était censé s'enchainer rapidement malheureusement, la météo de ces derniers jours n'est pas vraiment au rendez vous. Un cyclone dans les Îles Fiji, nous balance pas mal de pluie depuis une semaine...

@Mathieu, si le FCL1.028 te reviens au même pris que l'examen ici je te déconseille de le passer du coup. Par contre, tu peux éviter ce test, si tu as passer 3 ans dans une école anglaise ou que tu as travailler 2 ans dans une entreprise anglaise je crois... Donc à voir sur place pour toi.

A+