mardi 26 février 2013

CPL Qualifying Cross Country Navigation


Finally I got the time to edit my 70Go rushs...

I did this long nav the 10th of February. My route was to fly from Hamilton to Cape Reinga with landings and touch and goes at Parakai, Whangarei, KeriKeri, Kaitaia, Kaikohe.

Cape Reinga is the Northest point of New Zealand. I wanted to go there because it's said that, from the air, you can see the line where the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman sea meet with each other...

Unfortunetly, CTC told me that it was too far. Actually It'd have added 1.2hrs to my 5.2hrs navigation, and as student I can't fly more than 6hrs a day...

Even if I didn't get there, this fly was great anyway because I flew over so many iconic scenaries like Bay of Islands, Ninety miles beach and Auckland City center... Flying at 900ft with the sky tower at my wing tip will stay in my mind forever!

The first progress test ( like a PPL) is not to far away as I have only 7 flights left before the exam. This exam will also be the conclusion of the single engine phase, as we will start to fly on the multis really soon. I'll try to keep flying with a single engine though, because I don't want to forget my VFR skills for the CPL...

Anyway here is the video of this flight!

Aucun commentaire: